Saturday 15 December 2012

My garden feeders in the rain...........................................................................

The first chance I get for over a week to take a few photos and it rains.

I only had half an hour to spare and these were the best shots I could manage.

                I got fleeting visits from Blue and Coal Tits but the only decent shots were of the ground feeders.


The male Blackbird was feeding under the shrubs... keeping out of the rain as much as he could.

 Robin was taking the easy option... picking up scraps underneath the feeders.

Linking to Camera Critters and The Bird D'pot

11 comments:

Bob Bushell said...

The Blackbird and Robin are special Andrew, and I love your feeders even when its raining.

Anonymous said...

I've been told cloudy, rainy weather is the best for photographing...the colors are supposed to be richer, better. I believe you have proved it here. Beautiful shots!

Magia da Inês said...

★ ♫♫

Os pássaros são lindos mas as flores do post anterior sensacional!
A foto mais bonita é a da flor com borboleta.
Bom fim de semana!
Beijinhos.
Brasil

❊..(
✿.(,)
❊|::::|.☆¸.¤ª“˜¨
✿|::::|)/¸.¤ª“˜¨˜“¨
❊|::¸.¤ª“˜¨¨˜“¨
✿%¤ª“˜¨¨☆☆☆☆
❊#ª“˜¨ ☆☆☆☆☆

Carole M. said...

beautiful photos regardless of the showers. I was watching Escape to the Country the other night and I really noticed the wonderful song of MANY small birds in the various locations they visited around Somerset it was. Small birds get ousted around here by the larger varieties that just want to claim the bushland as 'theirs' and they seem to successfully do that. Best wishes.

Nancy said...

I'm AMAZED at the difference in your robins vs. ours. So lovely. Happy holidays, my friend. xo

laurak/ForestWalkArt :) said...

beautiful rainy pictures!

Brian King said...

Love these shots with the rain coming down! Nicely done!

Larry said...

You always have the best Robin photos Andrew. Love that Blackbird too!

Sharon Whitley said...

lovely piccies Andrew, I know what you mean about the weather not playing fair! I pray all week that it doesnt rain on Friday (my day off when I go mountain walking) and it inevitably does when it's been lovely all week while I've been at work - typical! I had a lone waxwing in my garden today - thrilled to bits I was but I think he may have been lost bless him

Pat said...

I love your little Robin and Blackbird visitors. They are so cute.

Shaun said...

Our weather hasn't been the greatest of late. Great shots Andrew