Saturday 17 May 2014

Greenfinch........................ the bird that started me birdwatching 50 years ago

 Greenfinches are lovely colourful birds I see on my feeders... 
... and the bird species that got me bird watching way back in 1963.

I was at my best friends birthday party (aged 8) his birthday present was a bird table plus seed.
During the afternoon it attracted some lovely green birds... birds I had never seen before...I was hooked.

This little fella was on the garden feeder this evening...so lovely to see.

Wild Bird Wednesday

16 comments:

FAB said...

For some unaccountable reason they have been a rarity in my garden so far this year.

Carole M. said...

I enjoyed watching this lovely bird having its fill....your rewards for offering a welcome haven Andrew, cheers

Stephanie said...

Indeed, he certainly is.

Rajesh said...

Beautiful Greenfinch

Brian King said...

Nice video of your "starter" bird!

Adam Jones said...

Quite often, I hear them before I see them. Nice to get them on the feeders.

Unknown said...

He is indeed lovely. Nice video.

sunshine said...

A funny bird and a beautiful video.

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

He is lovely and sweet. I wonder if he has a sweet sad call like our Gold Finch have. Lucky you that you were able to catch it on video. Nice post, Andrew ...

Andrea @ From The Sol

mick said...

A great piece of video and very nice to have a memory of birds like that from when you were very young.

eileeninmd said...

Cute story and a pretty bird. Great video.

A Colorful World said...

What a delightful way to begin your bird watching! And what a great bird to start with!

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

Lovely clip of the Greenfinch. I do get them although not that often but they rather bully the smaller birds

Unknown said...

Aw, I love that you got such great video of it!

Unknown said...

A beauty!! Boom, Bobbi and Gary.

Anonymous said...

Nice video of the finch enjoying dining at your feeder. Love the story of how you became a birder.