Thursday 9 May 2013

I haven't shared this for a while................. I apologize if you've seen it before

 This video took me a year to film and produce from clips taken during 2011.
I spent a whole month doing the editing... a few hours a week.



I have shared this a couple of times and it is always available to view on my Video Gallery.
The Video Gallery is below my profile... video clips are always being added.

 "12 Months in 12 Minutes" only came about because my Dslr had given up the ghost as I was starting my summer vacation and all I had available was my little point and shoot and a camcorder I had owned for a year but had never really tried out.


It was a little Canon FS200... bought before HD became affordable.
The 41x advanced zoom was what attracted me to this camcorder and the image was pretty good.
...the digital zoom goes right up to 2000x but the quality obviously suffers.

I also used a lightweight Slik Pro340DX Tripod which packs down small enough to carry easily.
It was a bit too lightweight in windy conditions though... you can pick up a bit of shake in some of the clips.
I have recently purchased a Manfrotto 055xprob...a heavy beast which won't be carried far but should at least cut down on the wind shake.

Uploaded to YouTube it has had over 400 views.
I do wonder sometimes how many people have watched it all the way through.
If you manage to do it ... well... many thanks for that.

Skywatch Friday

12 comments:

ADRIAN said...

The Manfrotto should do the job. I have their 190XproB it weighs a ton. Still struggles with a gimballed head and a big lens. Does yours have a reversible centre column? I like the idea of that but it is of little use now I've switched to Canon and the cheap skates don't provide a swivel/ tilt LCD screen.
No chance of me watching the video here I'm on Thinband.

HansHB said...

A great video!
Nice job!
Well done!

Kay said...

Nice video. I really enjoyed watching it.

Nancy said...

Andrew -- there were sections of this video that made me want to cry for joy -- I watched it all and I would love to share it on my site if you would agree. I loved the music you chose. All in all, it's a masterpiece in my opinion. Big hugs my friend. xo

Unknown said...

You did a great job editing this and put this movie together, I really enjoyed that. Thank you for sharing.

DeniseinVA said...

Brilliant video Andrew, I am so very impressed. I watched it from beginning to end and liked how you had used the airplane in your ending sequence. So relaxing, I am going to book mark it as I know I will be back to watch it. Also enjoyed the info on your equipment. Wishing you a great weekend.

Anonymous said...

This was lovely!

Brian King said...

Wow, that was a lot of work! Nice editing job! I love the variety of birds! Great idea to cover 12 months, too!

Pantherka said...

Andrew, this is beautiful!
It was a lot of work, but the result is delicious!

Unknown said...

Great video, I enjoyed it a lot.

Magia da Inês said...

É super lindo!
Um resumo do seu trabalho.
A natureza em sua plenitude... animais e plantas no habitat natural.
Parabéns pelo seu trabalho!

¸╭•⊰✿¸.

Bom domingo!
Beijinhos.♡ღ

•*✿⊱╮ღ

PerthDailyPhoto said...

I haven't seen it before Andrew and I'm one of the people that did watch it all the way through. When I saw it was twelve minutes I made a cup of tea and chilled out.. I like the music you chose very much, it doesn't overpower the nature noises which are always so relaxing to listen too. 41X Zoom is pretty fantastic, I can't imagine there would be many times that you'd need more than that. The editing was perfectly flowing..always fun to see the swans upending, they stay under for quite a while don't they. It's beautifully filmed, I can understand why so many people have watched it..