Friday 6 May 2011

Landscape....................... that inspired the Poets

The Lake District was the birthplace of William Wordsworth 1770-1850 ...a great poet whose work inspired others to visit the area....the beginning of tourism?

" I wandered lonely as a cloud,
That floats on high o'er vales and hills,
When all at once I saw a crowd,
 A host,of golden daffodills "
William Wordsworth 1804

Coleridge,Southey and Tennyson all got inspiration from this beautiful part of the world.

I have added a link if you wish to discover more about their work.

Keswick Moot Hall (Built 1813)
Derwent Isle
Friar's Crag looking south over Derwentwater

Derwentwater
Honster Pass
Scree slopes on Honister Crag
Thirlmere

4 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

OH MY! My oh my. it's extremely perfect...

grammie g said...

Hi Andrew...first I want to tell you I really like your new header!!
The place is beautiful and I can see where there would be great inspiration for these famous poets and composer!! I love the 5th picture!!
First photo looks familiar..was you facebook profile for awhile!! : }

Catherine said...

gorgeous shots - I love the Lake District and know it quite well...

Anonymous said...

Wow - these shots are superb! The Lake District is gorgeous...