Friday 26 September 2014

Giant Rhubarb!................................................................. my last post for a while

We head off to the Lake District in the morning for the first week of our holiday... 
...hopefully capturing plenty of images to share on our return.

     These pics are from last weekends trip to Tatton Park.... the plant is a Giant Rhubarb from Brazil.

   This one plant would fill my little garden all on it's own.
   We will be visiting a few gardens on our trip... one has amazing topiary so should be good to share. 
Have a great week/weekend!... I intend to.

8 comments:

Bob Bushell said...

Lots and lots of pies Andrew. Have a beautiful holidays.

John @ Beans and I on the Loose said...

You are really a tiny person! Have a great time you two.

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

Now how many Rhubarb tarts would that make!!! Have a lovely holiday.

ADRIAN said...

I thought someone had shrunk the Grandpa. Have a good holiday.

Gardener in the Distance said...

Good luck to you, Andrew, and to those who travel with you. If that rhubarb's real, I hate to think what sort of pudding it would make!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Gorgeous huge plant, but more rhubarb than anyone wants or needs probably ;>)!

Enjoy your well-deserved Holiday; we'll look forward to the pics when you return.

Stewart M said...

Nice looking plant.

You are off to one my favourite places - hard to believe I lived in the lakes for almost 5 years. Great memories.

Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

Anonymous said...

Wow! is this giant rhubarb also edible?