Friday 18 April 2014

First trip on the river this year................................. "Phew! What a scorcher!"

It's Easter weekend and the weathers fantastic.
Mandy's Dad decided to take his boat out on the river for the first time this year... and the first time since his heart attack in February.

The old wreck by Dutton Locks looks to have suffered through the winter storms.

Mute Swans have nested on the same nest as last year... remember 6 abandoned eggs?
This year they are sitting on 5... watch this space for updates.

Reed Bunting.

I took the camcorder and filmed plenty of clips of the journey... I hope to share a short film shortly.

11 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

so glad things are normalizing for mandy's father! love that old wreck (the boat - not her dad.) :)

love the bunting, too!

MadSnapper said...

sad old boat but a beautiful photo of it as is the nesting swan

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

For a minute I was afraid that top boat was the one you were going out in.... After I got over my heart palipitations I appreciated the beauty of the old abandoned wreck! (We see lots of that kind of thing around here too -- and like abandoned houses, I always wonder about the story.) I'm glad Mandy's dad is feeling well and ready to roll again. Enjoy the rest of the long weekend.

Kay said...

I love the picture of the old boat.

Brian King said...

Nice outing! Your bunting photo is fantastic!

Stephanie said...

Great shot of the boat, sad though being abandoned like that. Great shots of the birds.

Spare Parts and Pics said...

The old boat wreck is so photogenic... love your shot of it!

Kay L. Davies said...

I also love the photo of the old boat. So much scope for imagination there.
Unfortunately, the thought of more abandoned eggs is very sad. I hope the nesting is successful this year.
K

Pantherka said...

The shipwreck is gorgeous, in the photo.
Great shots Andrew, all.

Christian Perrin said...

I too thought the pictured boat was the one you were going out on, how funny!

Stunning photo of the Reed Bunting and curious to hear Swan updates if you keep an eye on the nest!

Hootin Anni said...

I've not heard of a reed bunting before today! Pretty.

Now, I gotta ask, did you repair fence and knock out a hole for the robin?!!