Sunday 3 March 2013

Mrs Blackbirds............................................................ Sunday morning treats

I have a pair of Blackbirds regularly visiting my garden... in fact they are the birds I see the most at the moment.

"What's he put out for us today?"

I have just had my first walk outside after my op to fill up the garden feeders...the female Blackbird was the first bird to return when I retreated back inside.

She was a bit cautious at first of the bird table.
The squirrels had knocked the table over a few days ago and I had just re-positioned it onto the garden path.

I will find a better location and secure it when I can get around a bit easier.
My knees do feel much better than they did a couple of days ago but still crack and creak more than I think they should.

 Seed and mealworms were on the table... and in little piles on the path.

... and Mrs B made the most of my offerings.

Mr Blackbird wasn't far behind.

The feeders are topped up... now all I have to do now is sit and watch.

The most frustrating thing for me at the moment is the weather... a bit chilly but clear blue skies and bright sunshine... ideal for being out and about.
What do they call it?...  "Sod's Law"

20 comments:

Michelle said...

Have patience and a good recovery. Love Mr. Blackbird's shiny feathers.

eileeninmd said...

Great shots of the Mr & Mrs Blackbirds!

Jeanne said...

Love these shots, and so glad that you are improving. Keep up your patience. Know it must feel like recovery takes a really long time, but it will come!!!

Magia da Inês said...

Belas fotos dos melros.
Espero que se recupere logo da operação.

Bom Mês de Março!

Beijinhos do Brasil.
¸.•°♡⊱╮╮

MadSnapper said...

thanks for the mr and mrs, i had no idea the lady blackbirds were so much lighter...

Bob Bushell said...

I love the Blackbirds, they are superb. I hope that your knees are getting better.

John @ Beans and I on the Loose said...

Glad to read you are feeling better despite the snap, crackle and pop sounds. Rice Krispie knees. (it is a breakfast cereal here in the States and those sounds are their trademark)

TexWisGirl said...

my knees snap, crackle and pop - and i haven't had knee surgery or even a real injury! :)

LOVE your blackbirds. mrs. reminds me so much of our american robin. mr. is just a handsome fellow!

Maya said...

What an amazing garden you must have - with so many visitors! Great to hear you're moving around a bit :) Thank you for the story on Mr.& Mrs.Blackbird, they are so cute!

Brian King said...

Your female blackbirds look very similar to our robins minus the red breast. They're pretty birds!

Giga said...

Był ostrożny, ale wreszcie do karmnika dotarł. Bardzo ładnie to jest pokazane na zdjęciach. Pozdrawiam i życzę, żeby kolana szybko doszły do normy.
He was careful, but finally reached the feeder. Very nice it is shown in the pictures. I greet and wish you to your knees quickly came to normal.

Ordinary Hiker said...

Wow, I've never seen a blackbird like that before, his beak and eyes are so yellow! maybe it's just the ones in my area, they're all black and dark.... Great photos dude! (Found you off Camera Critters Blog hop)

Carletta said...

It is nice when the birds come to you. That's how I get most of my own shots. :)
Mr. and Mrs. Blackbird make a lovely couple. The Mr. is quite a handsome one with his bright beak and eye ring.
Hope you are up and about soon and sending wishes that your surgery gives you some relief.

Sylvia K said...

I do love your birds and your captures are wonderful, Andrew! Hope all goes well with your knees, I have had similar surgery. Enjoy your week!

TheChieftess said...

Nice captures!!!

Adam Jones said...

Lovely shots Andrew.

Chubskulit Rose said...

I love that last shot!


Pets & Critters Nook
Catching up with Camera Critters.

Red said...

Great photo story of a blackbirds cautious trip to the feeder.

Phil Slade said...

The weather is warming up this week Andrew when you will feel better and those Blackbirds will maybe start a nest close by.

Unknown said...

I like blackbirds, they always are around my house. Lovely series.