Sunday 27 May 2012

6.00:pm and it's been a beautiful day............................. but not a day of rest

 I was up early this morning to make the most of the forecast sunshine... and it's been a scorcher.

 I am a couple of weeks late planting my summer bedding plants so it was gardening for most of the day.

I like filling pots with bright colours... it's Begonias and red Geranium's this year.  

 I scatter the pots around the garden... so easy to move around all summer.

 Compost for the pots and flower beds plus new posts to repair my fence... I had borrowed a van from work to collect some fence panels... the panels were an inch too wide to fit into the van... I will have to pay for delivery or go for a lower fence.

 The shed still needs a tidy.

 My spring flowering azaleas have done me proud this year.

I also made time to collect and put together a new bed... that was time spent indoors.
Not the best part of my day.

 My bike!...It's been in my brothers garage for the last seven years.and he has been using it.
I felt a bit mean taking it back... but hey ho it is mine after all.
It's not in bad nick considering it's 21 years old and it's still lovely to ride.
I had an hour riding it around town ( a trip out without my camera? ) I bet my backsides sore tomorrow.

16 comments:

John @ Beans and I on the Loose said...

Looks like a productive day. I am curious as to what you consider a "scorcher"? The bike will come in very handy allowing you to cover more territory in a shorter amount of time. Then you can lock and walk.

TexWisGirl said...

you're gonna be sore from gardening, i'd imagine, much less the bike ride! :)

eileeninmd said...

You are busy, I am sure your day is flying by with so much to do. Your garden and azaleas look beautiful.

MadSnapper said...

great exercise and good times to and putting plants in pots is the best way to go. you can move them when they need less sun or more sun.

grammie g said...

HI Andrew...I have spend 2hours today and 1 yesterday just mowing the grass (riding mower) I have no idea why I do it. I think I just like the feel of open space ; }
Red Germanium are one of my favorite summer plants for potting mixed with white petunias : }
Your garden sounds, and looks lovely!! ..and yes tomorrow your going to crawl out of bed, and groan for awhile and walk like a little old man!! lol
It wouldn't be my thighs that would be sore... those seats aren't kind ; }
Grace

Sondra said...

I was eyeballing my bike in storage when I went to get the old bird cage out....NO Paved roads here I have to pedal a mile in Sand to reach pavement, so until I travel off this Gravel...its not much good. Love your bedding plant plans, Ive been doing much the same...adding some summer annuals to the beds here...and its a 3 day weekend! Well I got one behind me one half over and one to go!!!

Unknown said...

Gee if you lived next door, I could borrow your edger. I worked in the garden yesterday pulling out grass which had got into it. Good job. Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

Bob Bushell said...

Lovely garden you have up there, and the bike, it will be without it.

Malgorzata Ingstad said...

Andrew - how nice! I really believe how splendid is your little garden - do you want me to imagine you at your
bike? OK - I do! Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a busy day in your garden! Bicycling sounds good, think I will drag mine out and see if it still works. ;)

Arija said...

You have been a busy boy! I've been planting a few pots for some winter colour. Have fun with your construction work. A couple of stiff brandy's should fix the backside, at least you won't notice it any more.

Pantherka said...

Andrew, I have to write that you have a beautiful garden with beautiful flowers.
Greetings.

cieldequimper said...

Aha, I planted geraniums, petunias, bell flowers, verbenas, snapdragons, lavender and rosemary yesterday! :-) All on a tiny balcony and on my huge windowsills.

Your bike is great but... umm how is the backside? :-)

Sallie (FullTime-Life.com said...

Your flowers are gorgeous -- I love looking at other people's work! And the azalea reminds me of "home" (Oregon, where they also thrive.) Better learn to carry the camera when you go out on your bike though. You (and we) might miss something!

Liz said...

Sore but worth it I imagine!! I wish I had my bike still (and was allowed to ride).
Those Azaleas look beautiful. I can't wait to see the pots blooming.

Susan said...

What fun photos! I love seeing your little garden and what you are doing! I have a bike too, I need to get the tires fixed and use it. Oh I also need a helmet.