Sunday 17 October 2010

Sundays wanders................................................

Robin
I thought you brought the rod?
I decided to have a walk around Shakerley Mere today. It's a nice place even though the M6 motorway thunders by alongside.
 http://www.fosteringwestcheshire.co.uk/sport_and_leisure/countryside/country_parks/shakerley_mere.aspx 

As it was a nice day I decided to head to Marbury to make the most of the good weather. I made my way through Big Wood to try and get (failed) a decent photo of a Jay. I then visited the woodland bird hide and met a nice guy who had brought his own bag of birdseed to put out onto the empty feeders. It didn't take long for all the Tits and plenty of Nuthatches to tuck in. I spent the best part of an hour just chilling and enjoying the birds and I also got a couple of decent photos.

No comments: